Find our more about our marquee hire services for corporate events, weddings, and home and backyard parties and events
Marquee Hire - 12m wide (8)
Marquee Hire - 10m wide (8)
Marquee Hire - 8m wide (8)
Marquee Hire - 6m wide (8)
Marquee Hire - 4m wide (4)
Marquee Hire - 3m wide (4)
How do I choose the right Marquee?
It is important to take time to consider a number of points before choosing a marquee. We have compiled a short guideline to assist your decision making process.
- How wide is the area you will be using for your event?
- How many people will be using the marquee?
- What type of event are you hosting,? For example, is it a wedding, engagement, birthday party, sporting event, school fetes or corporate event?
- What style of event are you planning? Is it stand up cocktail, sit down dinner or theatre style conference?
Each of the above will have different requirements for space in the marquee. There will also be other space considerations, such as dance floors, buffet tables, stages, bands, DJs, displays and bridal tables. The process of planning your event is very important and our staff at Walkers Party Hire are well equipped to help you. Please contact our office as early as possible in the planning process to arrange a free site inspection to ensure your event runs smoothly.
We are highly skilled with many years of experienced supplying great marquee solutions. Our priority for your event is the creation of an environment that gives you and your guests the WOW factor.
We use world leading Hocker brand marquees, engineered to the highest standard in quality, form and function. Hocker has been THE industry leader in the event industry for over 40 years. The marquees are modular and can be configured into many different sizes and styles to suit your event.
How do we price marquee hire?
Once you have selected a marquee, and our team can assist with that process, we then need to consider many things that effect the pricing of the marquee hire. Below are a number of bullet points that we need to take into consideration, the list does not cover every possibility and may be changed or added to depending on circumstances.
- Is your site flat or sloping?
- Does it require a floor?
- Does it require lighting?
- Does the floor require floor coverings, ramps or steps?
- How do you intend to decorate the marquee?
- Do you require clear roofs and sides or white or a combination?
- Is the marquee on grass or hard surface?
- We need to anchor the marquee from wind uplift with weights or pegs, and each has a separate cost.
- Is the location of the marquee a long or short distance from our warehouse? Do we need over night accommodation?
- Is there any out of hours work for our staff?
- Are there any obstacles to hinder the installation?
- How long do you require the marquee?
The prices listed on our website are base prices for all white marquees, for a weekend hire pegged on grass. Delivery is not included or any of the above variables. Quoting can be a very complex process and we are happy to assist, please call us to discuss and we can arrange for a free site visit depending on your circumstances.
We feature a standard range of lighting styles to suit your event.
- Crystal Pendant lights
- Ball lights
- Drum lights
The ceiling of many of our marquees can be lined with silk draping which fits the marquee precisely. Other styles of draping and decorative lighting are also available from our preferred suppliers. It is also important to consider the flooring options available for marquees. Walkers Party Hire has a number of flooring solutions such as wood grain finish, carpet or plain black form ply. Each floor system has benefits that can be applied to your event. Our sales team can advise you on the many options available.
Furniture options are also available in our other categories with a wide selection to compliment the marquee decor.
We can supply staging, picket fencing, portable loos, bar units, podiums and cool rooms for your event. Staged seating is special item that can be supplied as per your requirements.
With over 56 years in the event hire industry Walkers party Hire has the experience and equipment to assist you with the marquee of your choice. We work very hard to ensure everything runs smoothly and this is one of the reasons why we have stood out through our years of service to the business, corporate and functions sector.
Anchoring the Marquee
Marquees are temporary, lightweight structures that can be exposed to extremes in weather, and we take your safety very seriously. The surfaces on which we erect marquees can vary from grass to concrete so we have different methods for each. We often use pegs on grass surfaces if the venues permit, or weights if pegging is not permitted. Typically venues like Sydney Botanic Gardens, Centennial Parklands and most public parks prohibit pegging so we always weight the marquees.
Marquee Floor and Location
We can build marquees on almost any site. Before we provide a firm quote we will consider the following options.
- Is the marquee site flat and level or is it sloping or uneven. As a guide for the best results the ground conditions should be like a tennis court
- Is the marquee site uneven? Few backyards and paddocks are flat and level so floors need to be packed and levelled.
- Underlying grass or concrete also can affect the type of floor used. Soft spongy grass can result in movement of the floor and is very difficult to eliminate completely.
- The foliage around the marquee with over hanging branches can also effect the size of the marquee. In these circumstances the trees may need to be lopped by the owner, prior to the installation date.
The cost of flooring is not included in the marquee price shown on this website and is subject to site conditions.
It has been one week since we had the party. The party went very well. Everyone asked about your marquee, the glow chairs/table. I told them that I got it from you and I also said you guys were very professional and gave excellent service.
I just wanted to thank you for your support, excellent coordination and your setup team were super good!
Thank you so much and I will contact you for my next party. We are going to have it in December this year and I am just waiting for the date.
To you and your team at Walkers ….. Firstly I would like to thank each and every employee I have dealt with during my wedding organisation. Reg and Regan firstly were so helpful and polite and lovely. Both helped with everything I asked making it seem not a problem every time I was told I would be called back or emailed I promptly was.
The boys that set up the marquee were efficient and polite. Also yourself for the extra effort of checking the site and being honest with what would work . At the end of the day the sun was shining the marquee was a hit and the wedding was perfect. Thank you for your generosity with the bench seats there were needed and made a difference that was so generous of you and an unexpected blessing.
You obviously have great staff who are an attribute to your company. Please can you read this to them so they are encouraged. I mentioned you guys in my speech and you come highly recommended from me. Please make sure you pass this on also to the boys that set up n removed the marquee !
Thanks again Racquel