Marquee Hire Sizes
Marquees come in a range of sizes. We make them from 3m deep segments we join to other segments. For example, we make a 12m v 9m marquee three 3m deep segments (9m) that are 12m wide.
Not sure what size marquee you need? Get the best size for your event with our Marquee Hire Size Calculator
There is a range of marquees:
- 12m wide from 3m to 24m in length. These can seat up to 380 people.
- 10m wide from 3m to 24m in length seating up to 320 people.
- 8m wide from 3m to 24m in length seating up to 260 people.
- 6m wide from 3m to 24m in length seating up to 195 people.
- 4m wide from 3m to 12m in length which seats up to 65 people.
You can see more detail of these in the sizes below.
12m wide Marquees (8)
10m wide Marquees (8)
8m wide Marquees (8)
6m wide Marquees (8)
4m wide Marquees (4)
3m wide Marquees (5)
How do I choose the right Marquee to hire?
Take time to consider these four points. We have compiled a short guideline to help you.
- How wide is the area you will be using for your event?
- How many people will be using the marquee?
- What type of event are you hosting,? Are you hosting a wedding, engagement, birthday party, sporting event, school fetes or corporate event?
- What style of event are you planning? Is it stand up cocktail, sit down dinner or theatre-style conference?
Each of the above will have different requirements for space in the marquee. Use our Marquee Hire Size Calculator
We are here to help guide you through the process of planning your event and what you need. We are here to make your event a great success. Please contact our office as early as possible in the planning process to arrange a free site inspection to ensure your event runs smoothly.
With years of marquee hire and set up for all types of events, we are skilled in supplying great marquee hire solutions. Our priority for your event is the creation of an environment that gives you and your guests the WOW factor.
Our marquees are based on the world-leading German Hoecker Marquees. These are engineered to the highest standard in quality, form and function. Hoecker has been THE industry leader in the event industry for over 40 years. The marquees are modular and can be configured into many different sizes and styles to suit your event.
So you know you will have a great quality marquee that’s perfect for the job.
What effects the cost of marquee hire?
Once you have selected a marquee, there are some other things that affect the final hire price to you. The bullet points below show some of the things we need to consider. The list does not cover every possibility.
- Is your site flat or sloping?
- Does it need a floor?
- Do you want lighting and decorations?
- Does the floor need floor coverings, ramps or steps?
- How do you intend to decorate the marquee?
- Do you want clear roofs and sides or white or a combination?
- Is the marquee on grass or hard surface?
- We need to anchor the marquee from wind uplift with weights or pegs, and each has a separate cost.
- Is the location of the marquee a long or short distance from our warehouse? Do we need overnight accommodation?
- Is there any out of hours work for our staff?
- Are there any obstacles to hinder the installation?
- How long do you need the marquee?
The prices listed on our website are base prices for all white marquees, for a weekend hire pegged on grass. Delivery or any of the above variables is not included.
We are happy to help get you a final quote and we can arrange for a free site visit depending on your circumstances.
We feature a standard range of lighting styles to suit your event.
- Crystal Pendant lights
- Ball lights
- Drum lights
The ceiling of many of our marquees can be lined with silk draping which fits the marquee perfectly. Other styles of draping and decorative lighting are also available.
When you start your planning your marquee hire, take time to think about the flooring options. We have a range of flooring solutions such as wood grain finish, carpet or plain black form ply. Each floor system has it’s unique benefits. Our service team can advise you on the best option for your hire event.
Furniture options are also available to hire. Please review options in the rest of the site, or we can advise solutions to meet the theme you are thinking about.
Along with marquees and furniture, we can also offer staging, picket fencing, portable loos, bar units, podiums and cool rooms for your event. Staged seating is a special item that can be supplied as per your requirements.
It’s our job to help you plan so your event smoothly and is great. This is one of the reasons why we delivered great service over the years of service to the business, corporate and functions sector.
Anchoring the Marquee
Marquees are temporary, lightweight structures. When exposed to extremes in weather – like a thunderstorm or heavy rain you need the marquee to stay in place. We take your safety very seriously.
Since we erect marquees on surfaces from grass to concrete, we need to anchor them properly.
On grass, we use pegs if the venues permit, or weights if pegging is not permitted. Typically venues like Sydney Botanic Gardens, Centennial Parklands and most public parks prohibit pegging so we always weight them.
Floor and Location
We can build marquees on almost any site. Before we provide a firm quote we will consider the following options.
- Is the site flat and level or is it sloping or uneven? As a guide for the best results, the ground conditions should be like a tennis court
- Is the site uneven? Few backyards and paddocks are flat and level so we need to pack and level the floors.
- Underlying grass or concrete also can affect the type of floor used. Soft spongy grass can result in movement of the floor and is very difficult to eliminate completely.
- The foliage around the site with overhanging branches can also limit the size of the marquee. In these circumstances, the trees may need to be lopped by the owner, before it is installed.
Prices on the site do not include the cost of flooring.
It has been one week since we had the party. The party went very well. Everyone asked about your marquee, the glow chairs/table. I told them that I got it from you and I also said you guys were very professional and gave excellent service.
I just wanted to thank you for your support, excellent coordination and your setup team were super good!
Thank you so much and I will contact you for my next party. We are going to have it in December this year and I am just waiting for the date.
To you and your team at Walkers ….. Firstly I would like to thank each and every employee I have dealt with during my wedding organisation. Reg and Regan firstly were so helpful and polite and lovely. Both helped with everything I asked making it seem not a problem every time I was told I would be called back or emailed I promptly was.
The boys that set up the marquee were efficient and polite. Also yourself for the extra effort of checking the site and being honest with what would work. At the end of the day, the sun was shining the marquee was a hit and the wedding was perfect. Thank you for your generosity with the bench seats there were needed and made a difference that was so generous of you and an unexpected blessing.
You obviously have great staff who are an attribute to your company. Please, can you read this to them so they are encouraged? I mentioned you guys in my speech and you come highly recommended from me. Please make sure you pass this on also to the boys that set up n removed the marquee!
Thanks again Racquel