Marquees are a great way to accommodate your short term event for large numbers of guests. The 10 metre by 12 metre marquee is suitable for approximately 120 to 180 guests at dining tables or 120 people cocktail style. There are many factors to consider when planning a marquee for your event which is covered in more detail on our Category description. As a brief guide we have listed the some factors that may effect your planning. One of the most important issues is whether you require a floor in the marquee and floors are important in effecting the success of your event.
Terrain and event Conditions
We can build marquees on almost any site condition, to achieve this we make the following considerations.
- How many guests, what type of event and what style of event, each factor will effect the marquee size and style.
- Is the marquee site flat and level or is it sloping or uneven. As a guide for the best results the ground conditions should be like a tennis court.
- We can build marquees with floors on most sites, however many sites are uneven backyards and paddocks, so the floors are required to be packed and leveled. Call or consultants to see how we can help you.
- Grass or concrete also can effect the type of floor used in the various circumstances. Soft spongy grass can mean movement in the floor and is difficult to eliminate.
- The foliage around the marquee with over hanging branches can also effect the size of the marquee. In these circumstances the trees may need to be lopped or pruned.
- If the marquee cannot be pegged because of concrete or venue policy, then each leg of the marquee must be weighted. Depending on the size of the marquee will determine how much weight is used per leg.
- The roofs and sides of the marquee maybe clear or white or a combination of both, our consultants are available to advise on these matters and guide you to the best result for your event.
- We have a number of lighting systems so ask us about what lighting we can supply for the marquees.
For the best guidance on your marquee selection contact our office today and speak to one of our expert staff. All prices quoted do not include transport costs, extra labour or site conditions, after a site inspection we can offer you a more accurate quotation.